Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Quick Knit 1940's Style Sweater - Redux

She Knits in Pearls

As always, Cupcake watches over my knitting and keeps me on track.  This last week has been a really rough one here.  Starting on Valentines day, I came down with a migraine that lasted a solid 5 days before I decided that I needed to go to the ER.  I'm no stranger to migraines, I get them about twice a year and they usually last for 2 days.  So on day five I figured it was time to involved the professionals.  By then, I had already missed out on Valentines day plans and had completely ignored this weeks homework and was running out of time to get it done.  So a trip to the ER and an IV filled with steroids, nausea meds, and Benadryl and I went home to sleep for the rest of the day.  Thank goodness I woke up the next morning feeling quite a bit better.    I still feel like it is right there behind my forehead just waiting to come back, but I have at least been able to catch up on my homework and get some knitting done.  It's now been over a week since the onset of this damn headache and I still don't feel like it's completely gone but I'm managing through it.

I've been working on the The Quick Knit 1940's Style Sweater by Flossy and Dossy.  This was a free pattern published on the Flossy And Dossy blog, but it has now been deactivated.  After it was deactivated, it was written on the Ravelry project page, but even that is gone now.  Thankfully, what they say is true about the internet.  Once you put it out there, it's out there for ever.  After a bit of googling I was able to find it on an archive page here.  In true vintage fashion, the pattern is very sparse, only comes in one size, and assumes that you have knitting intuition. However, it's been easy enough to alter, so far and it's coming along nicely.

My friend Terri and I are working on this one together.  She just finished up her very first sweater and has wanted to make this one for a while.  Since I made this once before and liked it, I though it would be nice to work on it together.  I am making some alterations and hope to post them when I'm done.  I am looking to a new book for help with the neckline and think it is going to work out well.

 
I got this book for Christmas from my dear friend Barbara and I'm excited to put it to good use.  It is not a pattern book, but rather, a work book for adapting vintage patterns and adding vintage touches to modern patterns.  I can see this book coming in very handy.  I have an ever growing list of vintage patterns that I want to make but need to up my skill set to make up for the fact that I am not an 'average size' 1940's-50's gal.  My boobs have a few inches on all those ladies.
 
Until next time, what do you do for a migraine? I usually hide in my dark quiet bedroom for 2 days with lots of fluids and rest.  I guess that is no longer working for me.
 
XOXO,
Cherry


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10