Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

5 Favorites of March

Between spring break, mid-terms and some difficult health issues for both me and my beau, this month seems to have been one big blur and I can honestly say that I'm glad it's over.  But before it is gone for good, I'd like to squeeze in one more post summing up some of the things that I have been loving this month.

1.  Turquoise and cream, polka dot scarf.
scarf turban
 Since I got my new hair cut, I have been playing around with how to deal with it on those days that I don't want to spend 45 minutes pin curling it.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new do, but it takes work, a lot of work.  Considering I only get out of the house 2-3 days a week, there is no reason for me to do it every day.  But I still want to look cute, of course.  So, I've been putting it up in scarves quite a bit.  This one is, hands down, my absolute favorite.  It was a Christmas gift from my dear friend Terri, thank you so much girl.  Turquoise, polka dots, I couldn't love it any more.

2.  Navy and Red Plaid Coat
vintage inspired plaid coat
One can never have too many plaid coats, right?  Well, I hope not, cause this is starting to become an addiction.  I almost didn't pick this up because I just got a new one a few months ago.  But the combination of red and navy was just too great to pass up.  Then I saw the buttons!!! Look at the little anchors, aren't they perfect?  That's it, done deal and for only $13 bucks, I think it was a steal.  Added bonus, my little Navy anchor earrings go with it perfectly.

3. Bakelite & Lucite Brooch
bakelite lucite brooch
I've seen a bunch of this style brooch all over etsy and ebay for some time now and really liked them.  However, the ones that I kept seeing had Scottie dogs, poodles, or flamingos on them.  Not that those aren't awesome in their own right, but they just don't do it for me.  So when I stumbled onto this one with cherries on it at a local antique store, I scooped it up in a heartbeat without a second thought.  This is my first piece of Bakelite and Lucite, and although I'd love to have more, I don't see myself becoming a Bakelite hoarder anytime soon.  It's just far to spendy for my tiny little budget, this was quite a nice little splurge though.

4. Jordan Essentials Lotion Bars
lotion bar
 These aren't exactly new, I've been using them for a few years now but this month I have been using them more often.  Something in the changes in weather makes my hands in need of some serious TLC.  Being a knitter, lotion choice is a big deal.  So many lotions become greasy or even sticky which does not work well for having yarn wound around your fingers.  This stuff, on the other hand, is perfect for us knitters.  Just the right amount of deep moisture without all the funky residue.  It looks like they no longer have the vanilla cream, but you can find many other 'flavors' on their website.

5.  Stila's Stay All Day, liquid lipstick
Stila Lipstick
 I have been on the never ending quest for the perfect red lipstick for years and I think I have finally hit the jackpot.  I am a lover of long-wear liquid lipsticks.  Mainly because I'm lazy and want to put it on in the morning and not think about it for the rest of the day.  One touch-up or maybe two are ok, but anymore than that is just too much of a pain in the ass.  Also, I like to eat and drink and hate that thought, halfway through my meal, that my lipstick is wearing off and I probably look ridiculous.  I usually stick with drug-store brands mainly because they are cheaper and I can actually buy them in my town.  On the recommendation of countless ladies, I did try MAC's Ruby Woo, last summer and was disappointed by how long it didn't last and how hard it was to touch up.  But the COLOR, oh how I loved that amazing color.  Well, now I've found the best of both worlds.  This Stila lipstick in Fiery, is the closest long wear lipstick I have found to the Ruby Woo.  Sorry MAC and MAC addicts, but I am a total Stila convert.  Added bonus, thanks to the Ulta finally opening up here, I can actually buy this in person.  That being said, I for see many more makeup products being a part of my monthly 5 favorites.

I hope you've enjoyed this months favorites.  Now that it's done, I am ready to say good bye to March and welcome April and all the lovely things that it will bring.

XOXO,
Cherry 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10